The Belize People’s Front
History of this Organization
The Belize People’s Front evolved from a group of civil society/political activist, independent leaders who reside in Belize, that are currently dissatisfied with the economic, socio-political conditions affecting our country, the distribution of our nation’s wealth, the universal rights granted to all of our citizens and the way the two major political parties have been dealing with both socioeconomic issues affecting our people and the Guatemalan/Belize claim negotiations in regard to our sovereignty, territorial integrity and independence.
To develop a movement of independent leaders for a progressive, humanist, reform, that will hold true to maintaining relationships as an important part of our convictions, one that will respect an overriding commitment to dialogue, deliberation, diversity of opinions and perspectives. One that will demonstrate a bias for action, in being simultaneously innovative and practical with a long term vision, whilst demonstrating concern for Biblical Values and Principles.
We do not aspire to be another special interest group, but instead seek to diminish the negative influence of corrupt political control. The Belize People’s Front networks to create new working political committees in all 31 constituencies; seeking support for progressive models of governance and striving for the broadest forms of new “grassroots” community participation.
The Belize People’s Front Ideals
Some of the ideals we hold dear and believe to be an integral part of good governance:
- Realize our vision of industries that promote sustainable development.
- That the law be reformed to never again allow corruption to go unpunished.
- That the belief in Service Leadership to the people of Belize be of paramount importance.
- That our natural resources be managed for future generations, sustainable growth and be beneficial for all.
- That we create a successful climate for our local business houses through incentives, training and development.
- That nepotism, corruption, greed mismanagement of funds and or natural resources, will not be tolerated or condoned by a pardon.
- That the growth of the economy is measured by one’s ability to feed their families and not by figures for Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
- Create a social program to put more Belizeans to work in the industries we now have. For example: citrus, banana, rice and other farming variables.
- That the legal framework and oversight mechanism be granted the decision making powers that will make possible the removal of any representative found lacking.
- That a code of ethics be implemented and enforced, holding one to high moral standards, mutual respect for others, and especially when conducting the people’s business in the House of Representative and for all in public office.
Preamble to the Constitution of The Belize People’s Front
We the people of The Belize People’s Front hereby declare that we acknowledge the supremacy of God, and base our foundation on Biblical Principles, and will remain true to the needs of the people in achieving progressive political reforms.
We hold dear the equality of all men and women, as equals, with a just and equitable share to the nation’s wealth and to all services; to protection and all rights and freedom of speech and association and all rights afforded to all mankind.