DECLARATION of BPF PRINCIPLES
We the members of the Belize People’s Front affirm the following as our basic guiding Principles.
- That all citizenry are equals under the law and should be treated as such.
- That the power to govern is granted by the people, for the people, and of the people.
- That it is a privilege to represent the people and miscarriage of this privilege is a crime.
- We present participatory representation as a means to be all inclusive and form the basis for true representation.
- We respect the right for Freedom of Speech, Association and the Media, as pillars of a democratic and free society.
- We endeavour to integrate peace, security, diversity democracy and a vibrant economy under basic Biblical Principles.
- The right to meaningful employment with a decent standard of sustainable living is a right and should be available to all.
- That the Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land and no one is above the law, be it elected official or the ordinary citizens.
- The people have the right to live in peace, free from coercion and violence, where the judiciary is unbiased and strives to promote equality in juridical matters.
- That the protection of the environment is of paramount importance and is necessary for the provision of safe and clean air, water and food, free of industrial toxins.
Breaking Corruption, Building a Nation
The Belize People’s Front