Our Party Leader
Nancy Marin grew up on a cattle ranch named “More Force Estates” in the Cayo District of Belize.
She attended Sacred Heart Primary School and Mount Carmel High school in Benque Viejo del Carmen.
After High School, Nancy moved to California, to to complete a one semester course in Journalism at the L.A Trade Technical College; after which she moved to Tegucigalpa Honduras and earned her Licenciatura (BA) in International Relations and Diplomacy at la Universidad Catholica De Honduras with a minor in Campaign Strategies.
She then returned to Belize to work on campaign strategies with a then senior member of the incumbent party. During this time working in Belize’s body politics, the disparity of service to the people became apparent to a once naive farm girl, whose passion in life was to always help the less fortunate. Not one to forgo, making a lasting impact on the well-being of her people, she stayed and tried to influence changes within the political system, how service was delivered to the people and ensured that it was without fear or favour. She eventually ventured into the representative aspect of service only to see the true entrenched male dominance and lack of effort to embrace changes.
In 2012, it became apparent that the changes she wanted for her people, was not possible without a drastic change, constitutionally. This was a total paradigm shift that was only going to be with a new approach with a People’s First Agenda. With this said, the Belize People’s Front was formed from a small group of patriotic nationalists in her living room in San Ignacio.
There, a drastic People’s First Agenda was developed, with a service-oriented attitude. It was agreed that to procure change, specific measures were required. These were to be the hallmark of this new grassroots movement namely:
- Make corruption a crime.
- Immediate removal of ministerial discretion.
- Reduction of 50% of elected officials salaries.
- Return the death penalty and fast track trials.
- Enforce assertive diplomacy in our foreign relations.
- Introduce light manufacturing industries to promote economic growth.
- Enforce the Constitutional Laws to incarcerate corrupt officials, past and present.
- Return assets found to be acquired through illicit enrichment and political actions.
- Upgrade salaries of our basic service personnel: teachers, police officers and soldiers.
- Return professionals to head the various departments – removal of politically appointed CEO’s.
- Install a recall mechanism for any member, elected or other, caught in unscrupulous acts or improprieties.
With the above basic changes, the movement was born with the spirit of putting the benefit of the people’s first, in any and all its transactions. This spirit of service is the core of the Belize People’s Front movement. A movement that will serve all Belizeans, with no regard to political affiliations past or present. This approach of service is not a new one, but simply, the true essence of political office, where it is a privilege to serve and not a place for personal gain or illicit acts.
After 38 years of Independence, we are still in dire straits – economically, financially, socially, lacking growth and development, and this may be the only chance we can get to make a positive difference in this jewel we call, Belize.