The Progressive Women Front (PWF) is the women’s arm of the Belize People’s Front (BPF), they are responsible for the political education of women around the country. They promote the new revolution through BPF ideologies. The PWF organizes activities with the sole purpose of promoting women’s participation in politics, equality and the well-being of women and their families. The PWF will also assist the Progressive Youth’s Front (PYF) in organizing meetings, conferences and other party or community related events.
Our Women are the backbone of the nation and of the BPF, they deserve real opportunities to participate in our political processes and contribute to practical community base solutions that advance development and fosters gender equality in the political arena.
We at the BPF, recognize women as strong leaders; we value their voices, their opinions, and their important role in political and economic decision making. Our women have demonstrated their resilience, their strength and ability to contribute equally to the revolution of our nation.
The Belize People’s Front fully support women’s equal rights to the political, economic and military life of our country.
The National Executive of the PWF consists of: A president, a vice president, a secretary, an assistant secretary, a finance director, public relations officer and two (2) members of each constituency.
- They must present an Annual Report at the BPF National Conference.
- The president of the PWF also sits on the Party’s National Executive Committee.
- All members of the PWF must be present at the Annual BPF National Conference.
- The PWF must meet every two (2) months and must hold an activity every quarter.
- They must be responsible for guiding all functions of their constituency’s arm of the PWF.
- They must present an annual program to the Party’s Secretariat for consideration and approval of the National Executive of the BPF.