The Progressive Youth Front (PYF) is the youth’s arm of the Belize People’s Front. They are responsible for the political education of youths around the country. They promote the new youth’s revolution through the Belize People’s Front (BPF) ideologies. The PYF organizes cultural and sporting activities, setting up for party meetings and conferences in their respective districts.
Today’s youth need real opportunities to participate in our political processes and to contribute to practical community base solutions, that assists in advancing development and fostering of strong leadership skills and abilities.
At the BPF, we want to give them an opportunity to organize, voice their opinions and play a meaningful role in political and economic decision making. Our young people have demonstrated their resilience, their willingness and ability to contribute to positive, lasting change. They will also become more likely to demand and defend democracy and gain a greater sense of belonging.
The Belize People’s Front want to support young people to channel their energy, creativity and aspirations to become political leaders and activists.
The National Executive of the PYF consists of: a president, a vice president, a secretary, an assistant secretary, a finance director, public relations officer, and two (2) members of each constituency.
- The president of the PYF also sits on the Party’s National Executive.
- They must present an Annual Report at the BPF National Conference.
- All members of the PYF must be present at the Annual BPF National Conference.
- The PYF must meet every two (2) months and must hold an activity every quarter.
- They must be responsible for guiding all functions of the constituencies arm of the PYF.
- They must present an Annual Youth’s Program to the Party’s Secretariat for consideration and approval from the National Executive of the BPF.